The Principal Series will be an 18-part ebook series on the principalship as an essential foundation in our ongoing quest to ensure outstanding principals for each and every school in America.
You can purchase any of the books in the series are our new webstore.
The combined goals of recruiting and retaining effective teachers are often difficult to realize due to fluctuating student enrollments and class-size targets, teaching-load norms or requirements, and budgetary and resource constraints. While schools and districts market and recruit bright new teachers to the field, they too, struggle to maintain enticing career development standards that would retain the most effective teachers in the district (Guirano, Santibanez, & Daley, 2006). With the high turnover in schools, student achievement suffers. Teacher attrition has grown by 50% over the past fifteen years. The national teacher turnover rate has risen to 16.8%. In urban schools, it is over 20% and, in some schools and districts, the teacher dropout rate is actually higher than the student dropout rate. School districts fall into a chronic cycle of hiring and replacing teachers whereas the funding to develop effective teachers is financially strained (NCTAF, 2003). Human Resources is challenged by the startling facts of staffing highly effective teachers in hard-to-staff positions. FULL MANUSCRIPT AVAILABLE AT: http://cnx.org/content/m41321/latest/
Here NCPEA Publications offer help and assistance to submitting authors. In the Tutorial, we include such topics as: (1) Why Publish with NCPEA Publications? (2) Preparing your Manuscript for Submission, (3) Preparing Tables and Figures, (4) Preparing References and Appendices, and (5) What Happens When Accepted?
To view the Voice Over Power Point Tutorial for submitting authors, click on the Attachment below. You may download to your own computer for continued use and viewing and/or email to colleagues. Due to the size of the tutorial file, downloading may take a couple of minutes.
FOR EBOOK PURCHASE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. User accounts are required to order and purchase eBooks. if you do not have an account, click here "Create an Account" or from menu on the right. Accounts are not required for ordering Print Copy.
2. After logging in, select the book you want to purchase by clicking on Order eBOOK Here, and Adding to Your Cart.
3. Complete required information for making charge on Visa or MasterCard or AE.
4. Complete the purchase by "adding to your Cart and paying." Be assured that your ordering information is secure and not accessible to anyone.
5. Once order is confirmed, simply click on My Orders. Look for the item under MY ACCOUNT from the menu on the right of this page. First click on the Order Number, then click on the title of the ebook under Files. You will be able to download the eBook to your computer.
6. Be patient - eBooks can be large files and may take a few minutes to fully download.
7. CAUTION: reproducing eBooks by photocopy or any other means, including distribution via email, is strictly prohibited and a breach and infringement of author copyright laws. In addition, if referencing any material in the eBook, you must give full attribution to the author/s.
If you have questions please contact Marlena at firstname.lastname@example.org